Pig Candy Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Tenderloins
My wife and I were invited to a party held by some dear friends, Judy and Bob. "Finger Food" was the menu. Judy said to bring some "finger food". Knowing that some of the other guests LOVE bacon, I decided to do a variation of another recipe that I do quite often.
These are fun and fast to make, and easy to eat. I hope you enjoy them.
- 3/4 cup Guy Fieri's Kansas City Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup Guy Fieri's Carolina #6 BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- Three Little Pigs "Touch of Cherry" BBQ rub
- Skinless and Bonless Chicken Tenderloins
- Apple Smoked Bacon - thin cut
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Chili Powder
Pre heat the oven to 450 degrees
- Cut the chicken tenderloins into thirds
- Cut a strip of the bacon into thirds
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with Three Little Pigs Touch of Cherry BBQ rub. You can also put the rub in a bowl and coat the chicken by rolling the pieces into the rub.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around the piece of chicken using one tooth pick to secure
- Mix the dark brown sugar and the chilli powder together. Let the mixture dry out a bit.
- Place completed wraps in a disposable aluminum tray for cooking.
- Liberally sprinkle the brown sugar/chili powder mixture over the completed wraps
- Place the tray into the preheated oven and cook for about 20-30 minutes. You may have to turn once half way through. You may have to turn up the oven to broil to put a crisp on the bacon towards the last 5 minutes or so. Ovens vary.
- While the wraps are cooking, mix up the honey, and both the BBQ sauces to make the final sauce.
- When the wraps are done to your liking, with a slight crisp on the bacon, place the wraps on a serving tray and brush the wraps with BBQ sauce. Serve while warm.
Make LOTS of these, as they will go fast!