Grandpa DiFranco's Italian Frittata
My Dad (Joe) has fond memories of his Dad (my Granpa) making this dish for him as a child. Sometimes Grandpa would make it for breakfast as well as dinner. The dinner version would be accented by Grandpa's home made wine along with some fresh Italian bread.
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons
- 1 Medium potatoe, sliced in bite sized pieces
- 1 Medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup milk
- 1 Medium sized green pepper - diced
- 6 Medium sized fresh mushrooms - washed and diced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsely
- 1 Pinch of Italian seasoning
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Pinch of Pepper
- Toasted Italian bread
- Omelette pan or frying pan
1- Heat the olive oil in a pan
2- Add chopped onions, potatoes, and peppers
3- Cook covered, over low heat, 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are soft
4- Add diced mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes more.
5- Blend eggs with the 1/3 cup milk, pinch salt, pinch pepper, and pinch of Italian seasoning, and add to pan.
6- Cook until eggs are set
7- Serve with toast